Apple’s Newsstand has significantly boosted the sale of iPad magazines since it’s launch in Australia last week. As publishers scramble to get their Apps Newsstand compatible, we have seen the following results on the App Store:
App Store rankings as of today (20 October 2011):
- 17/20 of the “Top Free iPad APPS” (lifestyle category) in App Store are Newsstand magazines.
- Gourmet Traveller is currently ranked #2 Top Free iPad App (lifestyle category)
- Australian Women’s Weekly is currently ranked #2 Top Free iPad app (entertainment category)
- Three Magazine is currently ranked #34 Top Free iPad App (lifestyle category)
- Gourmet Traveller is ranked #1 Top Grossing iPad App on the App Store (lifestyle category)
- Australian Women’s Weekly is ranked #2 Top Grossing iPad App (entertainment category)
- 20/24 of the Top Grossing lifestyle applications are magazine apps.
- Fitness First is ranked #15 Top Free iPad App (health and Fitness category) with 7 other Fitness magazine titles also in the top 20 Health and Fitness category applications.
- 8/12 Top Grossing Health and Fitness apps are magazine applications
Across all categories there are 2 magazines in the top 10 Free apps (Better Homes & Gardens and Gourmet Traveller). Australian Women’s Weekly is following close behind at #13.
Want to get onto Newsstand? Contact Oomph today.
Oomph Account Manager.