Audi tablet ads gain 14 times* higher click through than industry average
News Corp. offerred Audi a cost-effective, high quality and easy way to advertise within their newspaper App (The Australian). Audi wanted to promote their new high performance TT, to a targeted audience in a highly-engaged manner.
From a single print ad, News Corp. used Oomph to create a rich media full‑screen tablet ad with in-built video to demonstrate the new features of the TT and to encourage conversion to the TT website and sign-up for a test-drive.
The ads were served through The Australian App and also included the Wish magazine audience. Both locations of advertising had a tremendous response with click through rates more than 14 times higher than the average for automotive tablet ads* and 80 times higher than industry average through Wish Magazine.
What did Oomph do:
- From a print PDF ad, created rich media advertising output for tablet advertising.
- Within 24 hours from receiving the print ad, produced the desired rich media advertising including video.
- Created high quality ad executions for in-App advertising.
News Corp. Outcomes:
- Increase in revenue from in-App advertising.
- Better positioned to offer advertisers engaging and native digital advertising.
- A cost-effective and high quality way to reach customers.
- Engaged audience through advertising as evidenced by high conversion rates.
- An overall campaign CTR of 9% - fourteen times the industry average for Automotive digital advertising.
- A 49% CTR via tablet ads served through the digital Wish magazine.
- A 3-5% CTR from tablet ads placed in the digital version of The Australian – with weekend and Monday insertions seeing a higher click through than Wednesday and Friday.
- 77% of engaged audience watched the video embedded in the ad (and 95% of engaged Wish Magazine viewers watched the video).